Translate

CONTACT US...


Phone
1-918-760-1575

email mspeermorgan@netscape.net



Friday, March 16, 2012

Spring has sprung..

Although it didn't seem as though we had a Winter, and the threat of a final frost is always around in March, I think we are in for a long Summer with a very short Spring. Late last Fall I started to design the back yard into " Studio" areas. When I was in Carthage I had done the same thing with different areas in town which gave me exclusivity with my imagery. In doing this I kind will serve several different purposes.

I like to create environments for shooting that are multifunctional, meaning that as the days light changes, so does the look of the area in which I'm shooting. This also will work with the season. By pre-planning the "lighting " look, I can create a formal studio lighting outdoors and not be stuck with a bunch of accessory reflectors and an assistant that doesn't understand the look I'm going for. I can also "Style" the look for the area through different textures and colors. The yard is being terraced so I will have different levels to use giving me more angles to take advantage of. This is going to be fun, and really expand my capabilities for creating images exclusive to me. Just looking at the images it will be readily apparent  that it came from me.

1 comment:

  1. ...anytime a business can put a stamp on a product making it recognizably their own, it becomes a part of who they are. Much like a logo. That's smart thinking Mike, as no one else has the background you do. BTW, have wondered what effects the tech gadgets/devices have played in your personal business? Do you have younger clients (or anyone) asking for some iconic scene or object be included to aid the photo theme and the clients persona?

    ReplyDelete