Translate

CONTACT US...


Phone
1-918-760-1575

email mspeermorgan@netscape.net



Sunday, July 29, 2012

Moving grass....

Several years ago we were in Paris walking through one of the parks. I spotted a clump of long grass/weeds and really liked the color in the late evening light. I decided to use a slow shutter speed to add to the "look" of the image. As I was photographing it I was reminded of a shot I made in 1986 with my 4 x 5 on the Washington coast. It is perhaps the best reminder of time I have made. Once again a slow shutter speed with waves breaking over a fallen tree. The water falling off the log became a moment in time we never see............in fact, speaking of never see.... I had left my dark cloth on the end of the tree that I photographed .......and I didn't "see" it until about ten years later as I looked at the print.  ( Go Ansel....) I'll try to get the image scanned and let you see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment