Translate

CONTACT US...


Phone
1-918-760-1575

email mspeermorgan@netscape.net



Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Encounter...continued..

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago about photographing a guy on a side street west of the square in Springfield while in Alan Browns class at SMS. I had just passed a run down bar and snapped an image of it for possible future use in a blend or what ever.  I collected images in many cases as future parts of completed combinations of images making one complete picture. Ya just never knew what could happen in the darkroom. Bumbling down the street I saw a guy walking toward me and the auto pilot came on and I photographed him. Hard to be discrete with a thirty five...He stopped and asked me if I took his picture. In one of my finest DUH moments I acknowledged that I did. "I don't like having my picture taken.......I want the film."  As diplomaticly as I could I told him that I needed the other images on the roll, there was no way, look for your paddle. He reached behind himself and I pictured myself getting knifed.....I knew I was dead. He pulled out his wallet and gave me a five spot...."Don't make that picture." he said and walked on. I immediately went back and printed the



print......Why has it taken me 44 years to understand the warning I saw just before taking his picture.
Go figure...

I have a new image of the Great Wall in China which I will publish in a couple of days. It's never been seen by anyone other than interested friends and was shot with my Linholf 4 x 5 when I was there in 1987. I have several more images I''ll post from China in the near future that are pretty incredible. Spread the word.

2 comments:

  1. I've been looking, but don't see the connection....hmmmm. Perhaps I'll figure it out in less than 4+ decades ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me that long to see the implication that I would have an encounter..the guy that didn't want his picture taken in the frame immediately after I shot the "Encounter" store front. Check out the frame numbers on the film.

    MM

    ReplyDelete