Translate

CONTACT US...


Phone
1-918-760-1575

email mspeermorgan@netscape.net



Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Golden shrine to Flamingos...

Walking through life the other day I ran onto the fabled Golden Shrine to the Flamingos. I had heard stories for it's existence since I was a small child growing up in the Cultural Mecca of the Ozarks but really never believed it existed. Every now and then I do go out on an aimless walk to see if I can find anything to photograph which generally results in a few images. I had NO idea I would be so lucky yesterday. The weather was to take a real turn for the worst as they were predicting thunderstorms and heavy rain to the extent of flash flooding. I went out early. That was good because as we all know....Flamingos eat early in the morning and party all night. The only chance of ever seeing them is as dawn breaks.

I've never been much of a hunter, I wake the dead with my footsteps, and I'm relatively clumsy besides. I've been known to go down tripping over blades of grass.....

I rounded a corner of a grove of trees that seemed to radiate a golden pink and there they were,
totally oblivious to my presence. I crouched and set my cameras shutter speed, F stop and focused.
Fortunately they didn't fly.....The picture of a lifetime......shared with you. Look for your own Flamingos............they're all around....

No comments:

Post a Comment