Translate

CONTACT US...


Phone
1-918-760-1575

email mspeermorgan@netscape.net



Monday, September 28, 2015

Perhaps the last Red moon...................

I guess about everyone on the world last night looked up and saw the red super moon eclipse, unless it was raining, or you were where there is a war going on, or you forgot about it. We went out and neighbors were seated in the middle of the street, in yards, or just standing around. A few ooooh's and aaahhhh's but mainly small talk. However every now and then "Mike, are you taking pictures ??" Oh no, I'm just standing in front of a camera on a tripod for kicks......................drives me crazy.

I don't think about the extended future very much...it just doesn't register very much with me. I'm fairly content to get through the days, a week or month at a time, unless there are plans for a trip, upcoming birthday, or a holiday like Thanksgiving or Christmas. It hit me last night that at my present age of 65, this may be my last eclipse. I've never looked at anything like that and am wondering where that idea came from.

Some of you may have noted that I've been pretty vacant when it comes to writing and updating the blog. July 20th I had my right knee replaced by a fabulous Doctor in Muskogee, Dennis Rivero. He did a fantastic job !!! I was in the hospital three days, came home and tossed the walker away. I was walking unassisted. Before I went in for the surgery, my left thigh at the hip started to feel as though I was having a knife repeatedly jabbed into it. The most pain I had ever encountered. We were in What A Burger chowing down on some health food and I could feel the knives starting to jab as I was getting ready to leave. On occasion I can slowly move my left foot around and that will trip what ever is causing the pain........but it doesn't always work. After 10 or so minutes I just gave up and told Karen to get ready......The restaurant was not totally full but there were several couples in eating away.

I positioned myself in the booth so I could make one smooth move up to the standing position, counted to three, and stood up. Because of the amazing pain, I let out a whoop of sorts, sounding as though I was dying, which I felt like I was for a few milliseconds, and noticed all of the people looking at me with amazingly wide eyes and mouths open. They knew they had witnesses an awful death. I mumbled something about a pinched nerve and exited stage left. We don't go out much anymore. I'm telling you this as I will probably have my left hip worked on soon so I will be gone again for a short period of time.

I have two very important commercial jobs on the books, I'm just waiting for a product to be done and a final decision on the date of the shoot for the other one. After those jobs are completed I think we'll get the hip fixed. It's getting tougher to get through the airport.....

No comments:

Post a Comment