Translate

CONTACT US...


Phone
1-918-760-1575

email mspeermorgan@netscape.net



Thursday, May 3, 2018

Gone too long...

With great apologies I must say it has been too long since I posted anything. I've been just too busy. I have had work coming in from different companies ranging from headshots to location imagery. It has been wild. Also of course there was the creation of my raised tomatoe beds and the purchase of a Treager Grill.

I love tomatoes and great food, cooked well. While at a garden show two months ago a guy offered me a hamburger as we were looking at a Treager grill. After the first bite I was sold. The Treager uses pellets as opposed to gas or charcoal and cooks with the smoke generated from the pellets. The taste is phenomenal ! We have cooked steaks, fish, hamburger, hot dogs, and even a whole turkey on it and it is just amazing. The meat is juicy, tender and perfect in taste. We gave away our gas grill.




These are pictures of the grill and the finished turkey. The temperature is controlled by software contained in the pellet box on the side and more pellets are fed into the ignition area as needed. The temperature varied about 5 degrees throughout the cooking time. 

The Tomatoes....

I love tomatoes and the store bought hothouse tomatoes are really not acceptable. I built these raised beds expressly for tomatoes. Tulsa had a guy that specialized in selling heirloom tomatoes plants for years and everyone just called him the"Tomatoe Man". He passed on to the garden in the sky and is daughter is handling the business. It is now "The Tomatoe Mans" Daughter. I picked up around 24 plants to add to the starts I started from seeds I got from RareSeeds.com that are GMO seeds of different varieties. By the end of the summer we should have enough to can, stew, and eat through the winter. The guards around the beds of chicken wire are to prevent the rabbits we feed carrots to from enjoying a free lunch salad on me. It's going to be a great summer !

I love summertime and my job......!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment