Translate

CONTACT US...


Phone
1-918-760-1575

email mspeermorgan@netscape.net



Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Hard to believe....

I guess we all spend most of our time going through the days noticing that some are more memorable than others. I have really never considered how they stack up, one on another, some slipping away as nothing days. This weekend I'm going to my 50th high school class reunion and it really doesn't make much sense.  I'm only 18. Been that way for years.....times just been slip sliding away. Thank you Paul Simon.

I guess the true reality is that I'm on the downhill slide of life but I really don't want to recognize that fact. I am still vertical, work at something everyday, and am enjoying life as I always have. Business is still good and the challenges I meet on the job are still intriguing and fun problems to solve. I have a great wife and am surrounded by friends several of whom I have known for decades. I still look forward to the new models of cars as they come out, have a fun backyard that is soon to be finished after about 6 years of design work. Our new cat has discovered the treat of a belly rub and has started throwing herself on her back as we approach. Life is good.

I'm looking forward to this weekend, as in some cases, this may be the last time I see some of my past school mates. It seemed as though we lost some on the road so to speak but it was an occasional occurrence. More recently however there seems to be more of us cashing in the chips. My dad died when he was 63, at that time I looked at that age as being well down the road of life. How wrong I was. He was just blooming with his business and circle of friends. I'm five years older than he was and am hopefully looking to twenty or thirty more.

I can remember shooting a class reunion for one of the Jasper high school classes. I spoke with a guy about something, I can't remember what, but I do remember it was their fiftieth reunion and thinking that he was sort of old. He probably thought he was just 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment