Translate

CONTACT US...


Phone
1-918-760-1575

email mspeermorgan@netscape.net



Thursday, July 15, 2021

Tomatoes are taking over....

 I guess in the ever continuing saga of "the tomatoes" an update is due. They are now taller than I, I'm only 5'9" so we aren't talking Paul Bunyan tall but that may be another story. They are producing slowly but the toms taste really good.


They are giving me about 3 to ten a day of varying size but it's been worth it as they taste great !

I'm looking at this as an experimental year of sorts as I planted about 18 plants in all-6 to a bed. I was wondering if spacing made any difference as to production of the plants. I must admit that I am a bit disappointed in the output but they are just now starting to produce multiples. Time will tell .....

I did notice that one of my beds is leaning to the south due to the weight of the plants. This afternoon I will have to attach a line anchoring the whole structure. I had the same problem last year. It's tough for a city boy to be a farmer....... 

No comments:

Post a Comment