Translate

CONTACT US...


Phone
1-918-760-1575

email mspeermorgan@netscape.net



Wednesday, August 3, 2011

We have a problem..........

"We have a problem" came firmly from the speakers set throughout the area. Other than the screeching of the gulls that were flying around, you could hear a pin drop. I really don't remember what the problem was but I do remember my mind racing options of staying overnight again, hiding in the bushes till morning, ( I think that could have had Federal Implications ) or waiting to see what the final deal was. The mission was to be "scrubbed", put off a day or two to fix what ever was not right. We gathered as a group and were boarded onto buses and taken to the airport.
Once we got on the Plane and in the air the pilot announced that although we didn't see the launch in person, we were going to party ! The stewardesses paraded down the isle in t-shirts proclaiming that "I saw the launch of Americas First Space Shuttle" accompanied with full trays of drinks. LET'S PARTY !!! was the given command, and we did. It was a fun but disappointing flight back to K.C. We didn't see it blast off......I knew I'd never have that chance again. I've heard that you should never say never........( to be continued )

No comments:

Post a Comment