Translate

CONTACT US...


Phone
1-918-760-1575

email mspeermorgan@netscape.net



Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Amazing .....

I have passed 42,000 views and rapidly moving to 43,000..............we could pass that today.
I have been particularly busy the last two weeks. I didn't get in last night until 10:30 primarily due to a drive from an assignment that started about 5:00. It was fun and I did a good job of it. Today is a paperwork day consisting of billing and processing images. This is the time an account never see's. I really don't miss wedding photography for that reason. Many "photographers" will approach a wedding with the idea in mind that numbers count. They couldn't be further from the truth. When I shot weddings it was really like the choreography of a ballet. There was a set plan and order to the shooting mainly set to the 'music" of the wedding. This is not to say that the schedule didn't have to be altered on occasion but it gave me time with the wedding party in planned segments that allowed me to produce a complete album with the images that were most important. Granted there were a few candids throughout the album, but I rarely shot more than 300 images. This is even a bit over the line as a reality check due to the time in editing and manipulating the images. When I hear of photographers shooting thousands of images all I can think of is the time wasted in editing, and the poor wedding party members that have to spend hours looking at images that are probably just snapshots that Aunt Milly could have taken.

This week looks great as far as my scheduling goes...I'll keep you posted and thanks for being a reader.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment