Translate

CONTACT US...


Phone
1-918-760-1575

email mspeermorgan@netscape.net



Monday, February 20, 2017

How the past finds us....

As many of you may know I originally started college as a printmaking and drawing major. That went well until I took my first photography course at SMS, for no credit, something that I had always wondered about since seeing the movie Blow Up. That in it's self is a long story but the magic of seeing the print develop in the trays hooked me from the first time. The magic still continues almost 48 years later.

I got a note from Susan Fix Griffiths, a neighbor of ours growing up in Carthage, and whose family I became good friends with. She was working at the Powers Museum in Carthage and came across a drawing I had done when I was 18. I remember drawing it and it is a part of history now because it is no longer there. Morrow Mill was a fishing area, swimming hole, and relic of past times in Carthage.
I am very appreciative of Susan dropping me the note. I had no idea where it was. This is the drawing.
Morrow Mill-1968

No comments:

Post a Comment