Translate

CONTACT US...


Phone
1-918-760-1575

email mspeermorgan@netscape.net



Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Back again....NEWS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm back from the second trip to North Carolina. It's really a hop, skip, and jump as the connections are close and all across the terminal. I got wind of a session that may take place in October. It will be fun. It reminds me of of a call I got several years ago from one of my clients that ask me to shoot a friend of hers, a country musician that she wrote a song for that he recorded. He was traveling from California to Nashville and would stop in my studio on the way for a session with me. I asked who it was and she told me that she couldn't say as the word might get out....and that would not be good. As I have said many times in this blog, I am the luckiest guy in the world. She said he would be in between 11:00 and 2:00, I was to wait. I agreed and had some reservations. I was told he would pay the necessary amount, and to shoot a lot. As the clock rounded 1:15 it became perfectly clear that I might have been had by some of my friends.I was hungry, the clock was ticking and no one had even opened the door.

My studio was about two blocks north for Souls Harbor, a rescue mission in town. Periodically some of the clients would be walking to the North and pass the studio. They were just people that were down on their luck and passing through. They all had a story to tell, you could see it on their faces. The second hand on the clock hadn't paused and it was about a quarter till two. How could I have been so easy. A call out of the blue, a former client claiming to have written a song that was recorded by a country western singer. I was to photograph that famous singer, HOOK, LINE , AND SINKER !!!! I took it all.

I stood looking out the window and saw a man coming up the street......North. He had on a long coat, knee high boots and a very broad brimmed hat. Hadn't shaved for a long time, what a day. The man made a right turn, stepped into the studio, took his hat off and said, Hello, I'm Merle Haggard, is Mike Morgan available. I told him he was. It was a fun shoot, ya just gotta have the faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment