Translate

CONTACT US...


Phone
1-918-760-1575

email mspeermorgan@netscape.net



Friday, August 13, 2010

NPR Talk on "The Story"

On my way to Wilmington I was listening to National Public Radio and heard a new program called "The Story" with Dick Gordon. He interviews individuals with a story to tell and it sounded really like something that I could add a widely unknown story to. I gave them a call and gave a brief outline of my trip to Baghdad, Iraq in 1990. On this trip I photographicly documented the group "Peace Wave" which I was a part of, and our efforts to secure the release of the Japanese Hostages that were being held by the Iraqis. The event we were participating in was "The International Sports and Music Festival for Peace from Iraq. It was a cover for countries to retreive the hostages that were being held by the Iraqi's for the previous 6 months and allow them to return to their home countries. We were to try to get the Japanese, and the Japanese were to try to get the Americans out.

I had received a call from Byron Morgan, a business partner of mine in California, the day after Thanksgiving asking me where was the last place in the world I'd want to be. I calmly replied...Iraq....and he ask me if I wanted to go there. Tune into "The Voice" over National Public Radio on your computer or radio if it carries "The Voice" on on your local station
to hear the complete story. I will be interviewing on August 25th and I'll tell you the play date as soon as I find out. I'll also scan some of the images from the trip and post them on the blog. What a Hoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment