Translate

CONTACT US...


Phone
1-918-760-1575

email mspeermorgan@netscape.net



Friday, July 9, 2010

The dust has settled...

Back from KC and my stepfathers 90th birthday....YEEE HAAWWWWW. I finally addressed the elephant in the corner - the dressing room in the studio. It has lingered as a space to store all of the tools from the build out, needed paint, carpet, and a bit of TLC. Yesterday and today I moved stuff in and out...out to measure and thought I'd get the rug cut and down-fantasy-then back in, as I had a session this morning. It was fun and was for an author of several books. The images will be used on his website which is being created by Winston Web here in the PhilTower. We worked for about two hours and had several ideas for imagery over the span of time. As is ALWAYS the case...the first several images were pretty tough as he wasn't used to being photographed and I was still looking for a direction. He was pretty set on the look he wanted..........I just had to figure out how to get there. After a while we started to go in the right direction and the more we worked, the better it got. Going into a shoot with an idea of what you want reminded me of the problems associated with the Platonic Ideal. I hadn't thought of that since philosophy class in College taught by Dr. Brown. Plato, in one of his dissertations, talked about the "minds eye"  concept/view of an object. In the mind it is perfection......achieving that perfection is impossible as in reality - it is what it is. My idea of the perfect chair is different than yours and to achieve the "perfect"chair" your perfection must match mine...impossible. It's enough to drive you crazy........but we got some great shots. After we view them on Monday I'll see if he'll let me post one or two on the blog. Tomorrow I'm out of town and Sunday I'm in training for some new software.....Talk to you Monday....if not sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment