Translate

CONTACT US...


Phone
1-918-760-1575

email mspeermorgan@netscape.net



Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Logo.......

When I started my studio in Carthage, Missouri October 1st, 1972 I had no intention of making the business a career...it was a holding pattern until a teaching job on the University level became available....little did I know what I was in for. As part of the process I needed a logo and got Joplin Printing involved. They were and still are a fabulous printing firm in Joplin, and had a very creative artist on staff, Rita Swanson. Rita and I met and we conversed on what I wanted and the image I wish to project. That image really told the story...value, return to the past values of the our parents, trust, a true caring for clients, a warm fuzzy "life is as good" attitude, and a "can do" approach to any visual challenge or problem. Several ideas were batted around and  I went back in a week to view the roughs of Rita's ideas.
It is very gratifying to find someone that can turn words, vision and ideas into a physical entity. Rita and I were on the same wavelength, she hit the nail on the head. At the  time she was dating a guy, Sam Lopp who operated Windfall Light Stained Glass in Joplin. Sam and I met and became solid friends. When I bought the building at 340 Lyon in Carthage in 1975, Sam turned my Logo into a stained glass piece to fit  above the double door as clients entered the studio. It became my brand, looks fabulous, and I now have it hanging in my new studio.

Sam and I became fast friends.........and he and Rita got married. How about that.....

No comments:

Post a Comment