Translate

CONTACT US...


Phone
1-918-760-1575

email mspeermorgan@netscape.net



Thursday, October 14, 2010

Being There...at the Maple Leaf Festival

It's better than waiting for Christmas.........it's warmer, you get to see more friends, the walk down Grand Avenue is a head on with old times and friends. It just can't get any better. I don't think that there is an event I look forward to more than Maple Leaf. Given that this event is now 44 years old and going strong, I guess it is the premier event in town. It seems as though all small towns seem to have a homecoming of sorts, and Maple Leaf has become Carthage's.

The local perspective given it runs the complete range from "so what" to mine of "can't wait". My lock on friends I guess is the determining factor in my looking forward to it so much. I will see many people that I haven't seen for a year or more and in most cases, will catch up on where we've been, starting with our last conversation. It's really a kick. I heard Sam Platt will be playing Saturday night at Jim's so that is must see. His group is fantastic and the crowd will be fun.

The car show on Saturday will have over 400 cars so that also is a gotta see. In fact, I will be covering that for one of the Car Mags that wants pictures. Yeeeee Haaawwwww...gonna be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment