Translate

CONTACT US...


Phone
1-918-760-1575

email mspeermorgan@netscape.net



Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Childrens' Portraits

Childrens' portraits always need a different approach depending on the client. I have done many specials over the years in collaboration with schools, preschools, and my own specials. It has built a rather nice following for me and has allowed me to watch my clients grow up. It has also led to sessions with the clients on a one to one basis. The following image is an example of a one on one session that came about through one of my specials. I had photographed these two girls on several occasions in different specials and Mom and Dad decided that the time was right for an individual session for them. I previewed the location during the consultation I had with the patents and knew what additional equipment I would need to complete the shoot. At the appointed time I arrived and set the lights and camera and waited for the girls. Soon they came out dressed to the "9's" and we started to work. Although the youngest knew me she had suddenly become bashful. Sensing this, it was obvious that she needed the comfort of being "connected" to her sister and we made that happen. The resulting portrait to me captures the essence of childhood and the fragility of age. I really like this portrait.

No comments:

Post a Comment