Translate

CONTACT US...


Phone
1-918-760-1575

email mspeermorgan@netscape.net



Saturday, October 2, 2010

Time Machine-Fast Forward !!

I was expecting to get a couple of images published in Ol'Skool RODZ-THE HOT ROD KULTURE MAG from last year. They concerned my trip down the road of memories of growing up in Carthage and going to Mo Kan drag-strip in Asbury Missouri as a kid. It was a day of "Nostalgia Drags", featuring cars that were pre-70's with the majority being custom low riders, custom Mercs, Fords, Chevys,Plymouths, Rat Rods and classics. I wrote a bit about the day and the flood of mental images of the times and people I've known. That all came back to me because of the trip. They published the whole story with 8 images. As we used to say in the late 60's...Farm Trout. I never expected the article to be published,just the images. Cars were a big part of the teen years and as I got to Mo Kan it all came back. I'm returning tomorrow and on the way I've set up a shoot with on old hot rod friend of mine that has had some of the quickest cars around.

Even more amazing is the fact that in the same issue there are several pages dedicated to Mickey Thompson. Mickey was a hero of mine growing up as he set land speed records, had a line of Hot Rods products, and raced in about every area you could imagine. As fate would have it, he was my wife's first cousin. It is amazing how things roll out. The issue I have is the January 2011 issue......I've gone into the future !! WOW...there is time travel!! I'll keep you posted. Zoom Zoom

No comments:

Post a Comment