Translate

CONTACT US...


Phone
1-918-760-1575

email mspeermorgan@netscape.net



Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Dodged the bullet............

I can't tell you how lucky we were on our trip coming back from Stanford a month ago today. We were at Yosemite and the surrounding areas on our way back. As we were leaving Utah we witnessed one of the fires that, at that time, was encompassing 3,000 acres. It proceeded to grow to over 30,000 acres in the following weeks.  Looking at the map on Good Morning America this morning it is almost as if the fires followed our route. Mass evacuations of towns and tourist locations is taking place and I can't imagine the pain the fires are causing. Of course the forests will grow back but generations of trees will be lost and how the towns inhabitants will survive is the looming question.
Tourism is the economic mainstay of the areas being hit and that industry will surely be affected. To
add to my personal pain considering the situation, I inadvertently trashed all images from the trip with the exception of some that I had been editing. Duhhhhhh.......buy me books and all I do is eat the pages.............

No comments:

Post a Comment