Translate

CONTACT US...


Phone
1-918-760-1575

email mspeermorgan@netscape.net



Sunday, July 9, 2017

Texas traveling again.....

As many of you know I'm sort of a car guy. Had a bunch of them, sports cars, classic cars, a hot rod,
German cars, Fords, Chevys, Pontiacs. Buicks, and English challenges. It only takes an interesting car to get my attention. Once again, traveling out to California, going through New Mexico I had to stop. Nestled off the road I thought I saw a 1951 Chevy pick-up. Brakes on, we slide off the road to the shoulder. I grab my camera for a closer look. Got Rocks, as it turned out was a 1950's series International Pick-up. In that period the "look" of the pick ups all were wadded together and spit out with most of them being almost identical but with different grills, head lights, or hoods. Perhaps my best loved vehicle was "The Video Van, the tongue in cheek name Bondo gave my 1951 Chevy Van.
This vehicle has become my most lasting memory as far as my cars go. Frank Saferight gave it a spectacular paint job of dark metallic brown with black fenders and running boards. Three on the tree, baby moons with chrome rings, and an inline six. Hog heaven. Of course there are several stories about the building o the car, finding parts, blah blah blah.....You may hear them some day. I just find it ironic that someone would leave a truck or car out on the road that could have so many possibilities.



                                       I guess this is the iconic Rock, don't Roll..........


No comments:

Post a Comment