Translate

CONTACT US...


Phone
1-918-760-1575

email mspeermorgan@netscape.net



Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2010 is almost history...............

When I was a kid growing up I thought that by 2011 I'd be flying around via a jet-belt, we'd be living on Mars, and cars would be propelled by by anti gravitational devices. I guess there was a bit too much comic book reading in my youth. However in 2011 we are going to have a great year. I have some specials planned for almost every month that will allow you to capture the flavor of your family for today and future generations.

I may seem to be making too much of a big deal of photographic family history, but my family has been fortunate enough to come across portraits of Mom and Dads' parents in recent years that we didn't know existed. My Dads' father passed away when Dad was young, and my siblings and I never knew him or our grandmother, on Dads' side. We were cleaning out an old desk and from under one of the drawers a picture dropped out. It was a picture of a man with a stringer of fish, a cane pole, wearing work pants, high top work boots, and a smile on his face. It was my fathers' father when he was about 25-30. The resemblance was as remarkable as the pictures we have of my father when he was a young child. My brother and Dad could have been twins.......about 25 years apart. If someone had not taken those pictures when they did, a part of our family history would have never been known.

One of my favorite pictures of Moms' father was taken in Canada and he's holding a large Muskie fish. He has on the style of pants that were the "item" to be wearing outdoors in Canada at the time, the flared "Mountie " style of pants. He's got on a vest and jacket....proper attire for the fisherman...a great document of the times.

With the specials we will be running this year, opportunity will be yours to own what now may seem to be just portraits. These images though will be the ones that become the priceless points of family history. Please email me at mspeermorgan@netscape.net to be placed on our mailing list of clients to get first notification of these specials. Generally the specials will only last one weekend at a time, so by the time you will probably hear about it from a friend, it will probably be too late to take part in it. Please put "Mailing List" in the subject line.

Have a great New Year, 2011 is going to be fabulous !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment