Translate

CONTACT US...


Phone
1-918-760-1575

email mspeermorgan@netscape.net



Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Lucky Breaks...

I have always felt that you can guide your own destiny to some extent. In my situation for instance, I always have seemed to be in the right place at the right time, and sort of had the perception that I was. Be it creative awareness or constantly reaching out for opportunities, I seemed to have things fall in my lap. Everyone knows at least 100 people. Of these people, some are closer than others, and some may be in a related industry, or in a business that can use my services. Sometimes they don't put two and two together, but that doesn't mean that I haven't or shouldn't. I love my work, enjoy it immensely and I'm good about being able to "see" my subjects in a great light. I am always talking about possibilities with friends and clients and it has generated business in unexpected ways.

About 1977 a gentleman and a couple of kids came into the studio in Carthage and he asked me if I had any Ektachrome Tungsten film. Well, that made the antenna come up....That is a professional film and I asked him what he needed it for. He said he was going to California to take one of his daughters to college and might want to take some night time pictures...and "by the way, my name is Byron Morgan and I'm a film maker for NASA". I introduced myself and got him a roll of the film. We talked for a minute and he asked me where Morgan Heights was. He then added that it was named after a farm his grandfather had. That opened the door to more conversation and I closed the studio, gave them the tour of Carthage, showed them Morgan Heights, had lunch with them and sent them on their way. I didn't think that I would hear from them again but three months later Byron called....Will you come to Washington D.C. and photograph one of my daughters weddings. While there we hit it off well and formed Byron Morgan and Associates, a film Company.

To be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment