Translate

CONTACT US...


Phone
1-918-760-1575

email mspeermorgan@netscape.net



Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Cityplex Towers

Every now and then old visions come together and can be made into reality. The planets align so to speak. As we were coming home from the store it appeared as though the moon, in its' full state, would be able to be seen rising between the towers of the Cityplex, which is basically across the street, west of our home. I grabbed my camera and tripod and drove down to the parking lot to gain a vantage point. What's seen in the minds eye is seldom the case in reality. ( Refer to Platonic Ideals ). I drove behind the building and due to the location of an electrical service transformer, a fence, a few vehicles, and the close quarters with the street, building, and other unexpected items, there was no way I could get the angle I needed. I don't give up easily so I walked to the northwest through the parking lot. The moon was rising and it was getting darker and I was losing the western fill light. You never notice how fast the sun fades unless you need it. Tonight it was sinking like a rock.

I found a location I liked and banged off a few exposures. The designer of the building was using his head in the design of the top of the building. He extended the "reach" upwards of the corners of each wall to visually extend the height of the building. Pretty foxy idea. In the photograph this effect is even more visible than it is if you look at it from the street. Great building, fun to shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment