Translate

CONTACT US...


Phone
1-918-760-1575

email mspeermorgan@netscape.net



Monday, January 16, 2012

Roadside Attractions

Ok...the hacked hassle is over ...all passwords have been changed and the computer cleaned out....HOW SCARY IS THAT !!!!

Going on the road again soon as I have an account that has encouraged me to travel to their town and produce some Senior Portraits for friends. I love the road trips because Karen and I travel the "Blue Highways". They are the blue roads on the map that always take longer and have more character. We've seen some pretty amazing stuff.

Highway 54 west out of Nevada Mo for instance has the Not so Famous Yellowstone Park. Passing down the road, headed west, we suddenly notice dinosaurs in a field to our right. We stop. I think it was a Sunday as no one was home in the house, we knocked, so we looked around this farmers front yard. I didn't realize that two oil pans from a V-8 could make a dinos' head. Camshafts are neck bones, the disks from an old plow make great scales.....it was amazing. He must have had 25/30 life size (I guess) beasts around his house. Obviously he had several things going for him. A great imagination, mechanical ability, time, and an understanding wife. I'll try to locate the pictures....Loved that trip. Don Quixote's coming up along with the Cubist buffalo.

No comments:

Post a Comment