Translate

CONTACT US...


Phone
1-918-760-1575

email mspeermorgan@netscape.net



Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Cars...........I love 'em

For years I've been a car freak photographically as well as an owner of several that were dear to my heart. As regrettable as it may seem, and a bit shameful as I'm a photographer, I have few photographs of them. The most memorable among them was a 1951 Chevy Panel Truck. My friends nicknamed it the Video Van and it was a real hoot to drive. I had two captains chairs in the front and the rest of the back was open to haul equipment in while on commercial or portrait jobs. I painted it a dark metallic brown with black fenders and running boards, chromed all of the bumpers, and ran it with baby moons and chrome rings. I have one picture of it that I'll have to scan to show you. A great car.

A friend of mine, Tony Candella, Master of car stereo and Hot Rod Wiring, author of one book on the subject with another on the way, and owner of a BAD "72" Cutlass, had me go to Phoenix to photograph images for his first book. While there we also ran around in the Cutlass and photographed it. What a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment