Translate

CONTACT US...


Phone
1-918-760-1575

email mspeermorgan@netscape.net



Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Promotion and a fond memory

I sent out some inquiry letters this morning and will also send some from California.We are going out to see grand kids and also stay a week or so in Napa photographing for my stock files. I'll try to keep you posted as it should be a great time.

Several years ago I had the opportunity to shoot for one of my Commercial Clients, Freeman Hospital in Joplin,Missouri. I have been fortunate enough to land many assignments over the years with Freeman and St. Johns Hospital in Joplin as well as McCune Brooks in Carthage, Missouri. It is fascinating work and it has covered all of the business of the hospital from accommodations, speciality services, surgery, and to Executive and Board portraits. Really a fun bunch of assignments.

I received a call from one of their public relations departments saying that they would like to schedule a creative meeting and see what it would cost to complete an assignment for them. At the meeting they expressed the desire to come up with a warm and fuzzy image that basically stated that they delivered a lot of babies in their hospital. After some brain storming we came up with a concept and set the date. I arranged for it to be shot in my studio and also acquired the necessary prop for the shoot.

On the shoot day my subjects arrived with their mothers and we started. Everyone behaved well and were impressed with my imitation of a dog barking, we wrapped it up in less than 40 shots. The finished image was used in print and in billboards throughout the area. I just wonder if any of the Moms took pictures of the billboard to show the kids as they got older. It was a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment